My story

Well I thought I would get this up and running with a little info and some stats on me, myself, and I. :P

I love the martial arts and the art that I am studying right now is Tae Kwon Do. I go to class once a week on Tuesdays from 6:30 to about 8:30 pm. I am the ranking student as a blue belt (4th kyu) and am hoping to earn my brown later on this year.

I started out taking TKD from Mr. O when I was about ten years old because I had become interested in it and some of my friends had already started six months before. Anyway, I went up through the ranks and ended up at orange belt (7th kyu). I loved the class but unfortunately the instructor moved and the class disbanded. :( (We'll call this School A)

So some time went by and me and the same friends who had gotten me interested in the first place were invited by a guy who was in our guitar class to come to his Tae Kwon Do class at a local church. We all ended up going and met the instructors, Mr. S (3rd dan) and Mr. H (1st dan). This class started at 6:45 and lasted until about 8:30ish. (We'll call this one School B) Now being 12 at the time, I was a bit cocky and I went home quite peeved and irritated because this one was (as my friend and I called it) stretchersize, they called things different than what I was used to hearing them called, and class went on differently. I thought that School A was better and I didn't like this one at all. I said that I hated it and didn't want to come back.

But my mom got me to change my mind and continue coming. Don't know how she did that but I did. Anyway, so I started at School B and went through learning what this class had to offer. Still, I was not too pleased with it all and so there were times where I would skip class a couple weeks in a row.

I started liking School B after a while and began enjoying going to class. I don't know where the change came from but came it did. After awhile I heard that Mr. O's class was getting started again by a new teacher.

On that note, I started doing both classes and went all the way to blue belt (5th kyu) in School A. Note to self, this was not a good idea for me. I started comparing the two and ended up disliking School A for a variety of reasons. 1. The classes were shorter. Only about an hour instead of the 2+ at the other. 2. Everything just got so routine and kind of boring. and 3. The partner I had for drills and practice didn't like being paired up with me and made it painful. I finally got fed up with it all and quit.

After dropping out of School A, I threw myself headlong into TKD with Mr. S and H. I don't think it was too long until I was tested for a stripe on my green belt.

Okay, well I think that's enough basics for right now. I'll finish up later.

No comments: