With the start of a new year, I've been working on setting new goals for myself to help motivate myself. Not having anything really set in stone has been difficult for me, so I decided it's time to change that. I'm still working on a timeline for these, but I've started working seriously.
Here's what I'm working on.
1. Started on a MMA / martial arts based workout program at home called TapoutXT. I had started it before, but decided it's time to finish it. Currently on Day 2 of 90.
2. Making an effort to drink more water, eat smaller portions, and eat healthier.
3. Currently working on setting a goal for my 2nd Dan test. I want to be at my very best both mentally and physically. I know about all of the material I'll be tested on, but I need to work on the rough spots and improve overall. No date yet, but I'll update when I set it.
4. Started training with escrima sticks with my instructor again. He's bee out of state for the past two years, so now that he's back, I'm getting back on track with where we left off.
5. Working on a daily schedule to incorporate workouts, training, and practice. It helps me to have a "to do" list to check off what I've done or not done every day.