2016 - Setting New Goals

With the start of a new year, I've been working on setting new goals for myself to help motivate myself. Not having anything really set in stone has been difficult for me, so I decided it's time to change that. I'm still working on a timeline for these, but I've started working seriously.

Here's what I'm working on.

1. Started on a MMA / martial arts based workout program at home called TapoutXT. I had started it before, but decided it's time to finish it. Currently on Day 2 of 90.

2. Making an effort to drink more water, eat smaller portions, and eat healthier.

3. Currently working on setting a goal for my 2nd Dan test. I want to be at my very best both mentally and physically. I know about all of the material I'll be tested on, but I need to work on the rough spots and improve overall. No date yet, but I'll update when I set it.

4. Started training with escrima sticks with my instructor again. He's bee out of state for the past two years, so now that he's back, I'm getting back on track with where we left off.

5. Working on a daily schedule to incorporate workouts, training, and practice. It helps me to have a "to do" list to check off what I've done or not done every day.

14 comments:

blackbeltsuze said...

Good luck with your goals!

blackbeltsuze said...

Good luck with your goals!

White Buffalo: An American Prophecy said...

Thought you might find our upcoming independent film, Eyes of the Roshi, with Grand Master Adam of interest. Stay Committed, and All the Best, E. https://youtu.be/cR5ClUSIQXo

Karate for Kids said...

Hello,
Remember that your blog is so nice and good post. I love it because of the life skills and This post gives the information children to learn karate.I really appreciate to see this blog.Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kouhei Tsukuda said...

Hello Ariel,
I have been reading through your blog with great interest. If I might ask, how did you do with your resolutions? Were you able to meet some or all of your goals? I am deeply interested.

Especially, how is the escrima going? I like escrima, it is an art with such practical applications, I feel that everyone should have at least some training in it.

Have you set a date for your second dan? I so much enjoyed your article about your first dan test, and the emotions you experienced - so beautifully written, it would touch a chord in anyone who had done their dan test. And I especially enjoyed the part about you liking to wear a black gi at last! :)

And then I liked your blog post about your first day as a teacher!

I look forward with deep interest to your next post! Keep writing!
Sincerely,
- Tsukuda

Unknown said...

Incorporating a good diet with your martial arts training is a must! Good post! Looking forward to more.

Best Martial Arts School in IL said...

All the best for your aims. And what a nice blog good luck for the next blog.
Martial Arts for Kids in Barrington, IL

vinod panwar said...

Mixed Martial Arts
http://www.teamhighlightreel.com/instructors.html
News about Mixed Martial Arts. Commentary and archival information about Mixed Martial Arts Classes from The team high lightreel.

Barrington Tiger Academy said...

I’m really happy to say it was an interesting post to read. I learned new information from your article, you are doing a great job. Keep it up.
Martial Arts for adults in Barrington, IL
Best Martial Arts School in IL

Addisonf said...

Hello! It's much more interesting that I have imagined I have thoroughly read your blog with great interest. If I have asked some questions? Its been pleasure for me if you answers, how did you get with your intention? Did you able to get your goals? Anyhow, I don't know, but if you ever tried martial arts it will definitely give you some of the benefits

Unknown said...

Very informative post. I really do hope and pray this stuff works.Thank you. Anti Bulling defence in San Antonio

Unknown said...

Enjoyed reading the article above , really explains everything in detail,the article is very interesting and effective.Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles.

Martial-arts

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful blog I was willingly looking for it. I am sure it will very helpful for those new users who are looking to blog about Self-Defense Classes Orlando.