End of the Year Party

Wow. It seems like I haven't updated this in forever. Probably because I haven't. Anyway, finals are going to be over on the 16th, so I should have a little more free time to post here.

Now back to the good stuff of this post. This Tuesday, on December 9th, we're going to be having a end of the year party / fun night for everyone in class. We won't have another class until January 8th which is a really long time for me. I actually wouldn't mind going up until the 23rd being the obsessive person I am about martial arts. That's probably just me though. Everyone else will be enjoying their Christmas break, but I'll be having a mental breakdown from not being in class. Okay, okay. I'm overexaggerating. I won't have a mental breakdown. But it's going to be very hard.

See I'm the kind of person who's week feels out of balance if I don't have/go to Tae Kwon Do. It just feels wrong and I feel really strange. Now I'll try to make it up by practicing my kicks, self defense techniques, forms and the like, but it's just not the same.

Now I'm going off on bunny trails. Sorry about that. Back to the end of year party.

So anyway, this class is going to be a special treat for a lot of the newer students because we're going to be doing some board breaking too. Our school doesn't emphasize board breaking, so we only get to do this kind of thing about once a year. Most everyone in the class has joined within the past two years, and that means that most of them have not even had the chance to break.
We're also going to do a lot of other fun stuff. I know people are going to bring snacks and drinks, but I don't know what the instructors have planned. They did mention games and something about a volleyball and a tennis ball. Hm. . .

I'm so excited about class because it's not often that we just get to go to class and have a party and play games and do breaks. Sometimes we do have games, but the first half of the class will be concentrated on forms or something similar. You know, the regular things you associate with a martial arts class.

I'm just really looking forward to this Tuesday. I'll update this blog with details of what we did as soon as I get the chance to.

After rambling on like this, I already have an idea for my next post. Guess I'll be working on that soon. But until then, I'll leave you with a quote from one of my favorite martial arts movies, The Karate Kid.

"Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home."

No comments: